STERK moves people with dementia
Moving with dementia? During a major change like a move, feeling familiar and safe is incredibly important for seniors with dementia. We copy the new home exactly like the old one, so often people don't even notice they have moved. We put all the furniture in the same order and proportions we even hang the paintings and frames.
Mirroring the new room to the old one is safe and familiar for people with dementia. Everything will be in the exact same place and hanging. As a result, they often do not realize they have moved.
STERK is happy to help you make the move as stress-free as possible. People with any type of dementia have a hard enough time when changes take place.
Why move with dementia:
- No adverse psychological effects
- Familiar living as if nothing has changed in the home
- Exact copying of the house or room
- Painting cabinets and the layout in the same way as in the old house
- One feels right at home
- Often people do not even realize they have moved.